"A picture is worth more than a thousand words.", with this premise I compiled this piece of software.
It's distractionless and simple, it lets you create your story. Anytime, anywhere.
Two tools are available:
- Black Pen, let's you draw
- Eraser, erases a point
Simplicity is another word which crossed my mind all the time while creating this software.
With that you have 1 setting for your pen and 2 for your eraser: Size (Pen, Eraser), Shape (Eraser: Square or Circle).
These settings are saved in a config file so that you don't have to change it every time you restart the software.
- Ctrl + N: New Chapter (needs a Storyboard)
- Ctrl + Shift + N: New Storyboard (opens up a setup window)
- Ctrl + O: Open Storyboard
- Ctrl + S: Save Chapter
- Alt + F4: Exit
- Mouse Wheel Up: Increase Pen and Eraser size
- Mouse Wheel Down: Decrease Pen and Eraser size
- Page Up: View previous Chapter
- Page Down: View next Chapter
- Left Click: Draw/Erase
If anything happens, or if you are curious as to what the software does, please, go ahead and view the logs in the "Documents/Storyboard/Logs/" directory to see what happened shortly before the software crashed.
The software uses the default Windows Forms icon, I will change that in a future update.
Pen pressure isn't supported yet, but graphics tablets and pen displays otherwise work just as well as a mouse.
Pen pressure always was supported, be sure to update your drivers!
(I'm using a Kamvas GT-191, scroll down for Pen Displays)
- Storyboard.exe - The main application.
- Storyboard_Updater.exe - Updates the application.
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.dll - Needed to locate a project folder.
- Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell.dll - Needed to locate a project folder.
Removing the .dll files will result in crashes when trying to choose a project folder!